Element Vape is a progressive retail establishment in the electronic cigarette industry based out of California. With an uncompromising drive to exceed expectations, the Team at Element Vape is committed to providing the best possible shopping experience for their customers. Furthermore, they invested in a strict, industry-leading age verification system to verify every single order for youth prevention in accordance with the Federal Law.
- Magento 2 Commerce Migration
- CBD Payment Gateway Integration
- CBD Age Verification Integration
- Server Migration
- ADA Compliance (Web Accessibility)
- Magento 2 Commerce
It All Started
There was a massive amount of data to transfer from the Element Vape Magento 1 website. DCKAP had to make sure that the Magento Commerce migration was smooth and had no data loss, and the migration had to be completed within the maintenance period window. Their orders and customer data was on a daily rise (in the thousands), and we had to ensure that all the data was migrated safely and securely. Even the native delta migration was a huge challenge due to the enormous amount of data. But, at the end of the day, doing this is what excites us and we’re glad that we were able to do it with ZERO data loss.
Magento 2 + MySQL :
In order to successfully mitigate the above-mentioned challenges, the transfer should cater to all data standards of MySQL and Magento 2. The client wanted to automate all eCommerce data transfer from Magento 2 to MySQL. From a broader perspective, CYM Distributors wanted a middleman to setup bi-directional communication between both platforms and ensure that they talk to each other constantly.
The website handled 700-1,000 consecutive users at any
Suggestion to make this line to a single line
With a complex age verification process in the checkout, we were still able to handle around 5-10 orders per minute.
- Migrated over 2.2 million order records from M1 to M2
- Delta migration of 21,000+ orders during downtime
- Migrated 2,200,000+ orders records from M1 to M2.
- Delta migration of 21,000 plus orders during downtime.
- Rewards Points are a significant factor that makes customers come back to shop. We had to make sure that all the earned reward points were migrated correctly to the new website.
- Rewards points of all 700,000+ customers were migrated and the customers were able to use these points smoothly.
- The existing server on which Element Vapewas based on did not give optimal results as expected.
- DCKAP suggested adopting a more flexible and scalable solution and switched them over to using Nexcess as their prime server.
- Migrated around 5000 products with all custom attributes, custom options, and quantity that were set up in using 3rd party extensions in the M1 website.
DCKAP made sure the website compiled with all the state laws that our clients operate in, relating to data, accessibility, and privacy. This ensures that there is more trust with the customers and users who use the website. This also keeps our client immune from lawsuits related to these areas.